PAPER ARTIFACTS CONSERVATION
The Department of Paper Conservation is equipped to treat a wide range of paper-based art and artifacts.
The Department of Paper Conservation treats a wide variety of works of art and historic artifacts on paper and parchment. Other services include conservation quality matting and framing, collections management assistance, media identification, and on-site condition assessment. Conservators are also available to train museum staff in safe handling, housing methods and storage procedures for works on paper.
Conservators provide consultation and treatment of artworks including:
- watercolors, drawings and pastels
- engravings, etchings, woodcuts, lithographs and silkscreen prints
- historic and contemporary photographs
- Asian and Islamic pictorial art
- maps, posters and archival documents
- mixed media and collage
- historic wallpaper