WACC provides conservation for a wide variety of natural and synthetic textiles and objects having textile components.
Conservation of textiles involves stabilization, cleaning, and repair, as well as proper storage and display practices. Services include:
- surface, aqueous, and solvent cleaning
- loss compensation
- preservation framing, storage, and exhibit mounts
- pest and mold eradication
- preventive conservation consultations and collections surveys.
- technical analysis of construction methods, fiber identification, and dye characterization
- examination and documentation before and after treatment
Conservators are available for private workshops on collections care practices including object handling, storage, display, transportation, integrated pest management, and collections maintenance.
Suit of Samurai armor, after treatment and mounting. (Private collection.)